Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Traditions

Each year, I try to do something a little different. This year, I've stuck to champagne colors for the tree. Last year was teal and silver which followed a year that was only red.



The one thing that remains constant every year are the stocking holders



and the stockings



Back in high school, it was just my sister and I. I decided one year that I would make some stockings for the four of us and so marked the beginning of a very long tradition of hand made stockings.



Each stocking represents some aspect of the person. My mom is a great cook so she got ginger bread people on her stocking.



I do love all the stockings that I have created, but my favorite still remains to be R.'s stocking of Santa. Since he was born only 9 days before Christmas, I thought it was fitting to give him Santa. One thing I love about this stocking is the rope yarn beard.



A. gets Noah's Ark because his middle name means water



while E. gets a moose because he was so attached to his first stuffed animal which so happens to be a moose.



When I got married and had children, I had to search for the same stocking holders to match. Fortunately after a few years of looking around ebay, I found some.



I'm very grateful for finding enough for our entire family. I have bought extras just in case. We are now down to having just one more to spare, but don't think that addition is coming from me. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that my sister has a baby some day so that stocking holder gets some good use. Until then, it will just remain in storage :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails