Monday, November 22, 2010

Thankful Teacher Cookies


Last year, I read this cookie idea from Laurel on Ducks in a Row and it was such a big hit, I decided to do it again this year.

E. had Pioneer day, so dressed as an Indian, he handed out these grateful cookies to all of his teachers.



Here he is in his Indian costume I made.



Last year, we cut out each turkey feather out of construction paper. It was a taping nightmare so this year, I decided to go ahead and draw a template on the computer to print out.



I baked my favorite cookie recipe, White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies.



After I cut out my turkeys I wrote, "I'm grateful you're my teacher!" on the turkey feathers.



I wrapped the cookies individually and taped it onto the turkey.



I added the turkey head and voila, a cookie turkey for the teacher!



After I made my template, E. was ready to make his very own for each and every teacher he knew.



Here are his cookies.



Thanks teachers for all that you do!



Now, aren't they simply adorable?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails