Friday, September 2, 2011

Candy Corn Wreath

I was at the store the other day and I saw candy corn. I was so excited because I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. Last year, I read a magazine article about making a Candy Corn Wreath and knew I wanted to make one, but never got around to doing it. I was determined to make one this year.



All you need is a wreath, black duct tape, a wide ribbon and candy corn. The article has you buying a styrofoam wreath, but I couldn't find one larger than 12 inches so I decided to buy this straw wreath since it would be covered up anyway. It's a 14" straw wreath I found at Hobby Lobby for $1.79 (50% sale).



Wrap the black duct tape around the wreath.



Then, start gluing.



Alternate the direction of the candy corn row by row until you have covered the wreath.



Attach a ribbon when you are done and you have a cute Halloweenish wreath.



I really like the way it turned out.



Total price for my wreath was $9.26 ($1.79 - wreath, $3.49 - duct tape, $1.99 - black ribbon, $1.99 - candy corn).



I love it so much, can you believe I made one out of Caramel Corn as well?

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I remember seeing it somewhere, but can't remember where. So I have my wreath and spray-painted it black. It seems like this is more of an indoor decoration due to the sweets. I assume the insects and birds would attack this outside? Are you using yours indoors? Is there some spray or something to seal of the candy corn maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am using my wreath indoors. I wonder if you can use polyurethane spray on top?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails