Monday, November 8, 2010

Burlap table runner

Thanksgiving is around the corner and I wanted a rustic table setting this year. I decided to make this very simple burlap table runner.



All I did was measure out the length of the runner by placing the fabric on the table and cutting it to size, adding approximately 1/4 inch for seam allowance on all sides.



Then, I hemmed the two long sides of the runner by just rolling over the edge with my sewing machine.



On the two shorter ends, I wanted a little fray so I pulled some of the threads out to give it the look I wanted.



I stitched a straight line along that frayed edge so that it doesn't continue to fray.



Voila! A very simple runner that adds a little color to my boring table.



It's simple and me.



I had extra burlap left so I decided that I would make the kids table a burlap table cloth.



I used my leftover outdoor paisley fabric for my runner.



I bought these little turkey placemats at Pottery barn several years ago even before E. was born.







I decided to replace the little pumpkins with some of kids lego creations they have made through out the year. I love incorporating a little bit of them into the decor. It is their table after all.



I'm ready for Thanksgiving, how about you?

3 comments:

  1. very nice!


    btw, I'm constantly impressed with the way you remember when/where you buy things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your table decor! I need to work on mine! I am VERY ready for Thanksgiving and all the yummy food. I should start working on my menu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! You guys are so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails