Thursday, May 5, 2011

Apple Cupcakes

One of the teachers appreciation gifts I made were these apple cupcakes. I know I have posted this recipe before here, but this time, I thought I would post pictures of each step.





Bake your favorite cupcakes. I chose white cake so that it would resemble an apple when bitten.



Take mini donuts and



Slice them in half.



Prepare your frosting with red paste coloring. I tried regular food coloring as well as red gel coloring, but nothing makes it more red than using paste. I use Wilton's brand.





Prepare your candy.



I pulled the chocolate tootsie roll and cut it in half. In the end, it looks like a golf T. The apple tootsie roll was flattened with a rolling pin and then cut into a leaf shape.



Take your cooled cupcake



and frost



add half of your donut



and refrost, covering the donut



Take red sugar sprinkles



Sprinkle the red sugar over the frosting



Decorate your cupcake with the stem and leaf, and voila, you've made an apple cupcake.



Now you are ready to make a bunch more













For a nice touch, add a basket.



For easier transport, wrap in cellophane bags and deliver.





Love.

6 comments:

  1. I am utterly and completely in awe of these cupcakes! I WILL make them this weekend! You did a GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! I am a teacher, so I'm going to make them for the teachers I work with as well as my sons' teachers next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi these are amazing I am going to make them for my daughters pre-school! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was searching ideas for my daughter's Snow White themed birthday party and I came across these cupcakes. I love them! I think they will be a big hit at the party. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are crazy crafty, I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just got the ingredients.... this is going to be fun.......

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails