Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sparkling Sangria

I had hosted a book club meeting this past week and since it was pool side, I thought what better to drink than some sparkling sangria.  I got this recipe from my neighbor since I loved drinking it at her party.  This is so good.

Sparkling Sangria
1 750-ml bottle dry white wine
1 cup pomegranate juice
1 cup red wine
1/2 cup peach schnapps (or apricot brandy)
1 Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
1 regular or white peach, pitted and diced
1 can diet lemon-lime or grapefruit soda (such as 7 Up or Fresca)
1 can club soda
Oranges, for garnish

Directions
Combine white wine, pomegranate juice, red wine, schnapps, apple pieces, and peach pieces in a large pitcher. Stir well to blend flavors. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Before serving, add diet soda and club soda. Serve over ice with orange curlicue garnish.

Yummo!  I will definitely be making this again at our meeting next month :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails