Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Stained Bed

I am all stained out. I have spent countless hours staining everything lately and after staining a few test colors, I have chosen this mahogany color for the bed. It's a color that I already had.



It wasn't exactly what I originally envisioned. However, nothing that I build ever is. Yet, I love how it turned out and the fact that it only took one coat to get this deep rich color made my day.



The finish is far from done. It will need at least 2 coats of varnish with sanding in between.



I love the building process. I hate the staining and varnishing part. I did see stains that had varnish in them, but none of the colors looked the way they were described in the end. Therefore, I'll take the four step process to achieve the color I want. I can't wait to see it in the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails