Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Poke...what?

R.'s birthday is coming up and I've heard for weeks now that all he wants is a Super Mario Birthday party like his brother. Therefore, I was astonished when he asked me yesterday if he could have a Pokemon themed birthday. Poke...what? was my reaction. I had no idea what to do.

I know nothing of Pokemon, but there was no way I was going to let him down. First up was designing the invitations.



At first, I was ecstatic to find a pokemon card template online that I could use. After I had one printed, I was so disappointed to discover the resolution was horrible. Therefore, if I wanted a readable card, I would have to draw one from scratch so with one of my son's pokemon cards in hand, photoshopping I went. Some of the images aren't exact (I can only do so much), but I am happy with the results. I pasted an actual image of the back of the pokemon card on the back of the invitation so that it would look just like a real pokemon card. R. gave me two thumbs up! Hooray! One thing down, a hundred more to go.

2 comments:

  1. I love the gift bags with the individual Pokemon cards, but I can't read the information you have on them. Did you individualize them? What did you write on each one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a pokemon card and modified it to fit the personality of the child. Most of the cards were rather similar.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails