Sunday, September 1, 2013

Candy Bar Bouquet

I like to give gifts to my kids' teachers on their birthday.  Generally, I have time to get to know the teacher so that I can pick a gift that they will like.  It just so happens that A.'s teacher's birthday was the first day of school.  I frantically had to figure out what his likes were.  Reading the list of things that were his favorites the only thing that came up was candy bars.  He didn't drink coffee so no starbucks, so I ran with the candy bar theme and decided to make a candy bar bouquet complete with a Kit Kat vase. 


First I went to my stash of styrofoam and I cut out a piece that was the length and width of a Kit Kat bar.  You can use floral styrofoam as well.  I just used what I had.  I taped the Kit Kat bar to each side of the styrofoam.


Voila! I get an instant vase!  It looks cute already, huh?


I used skewers and taped them underneath the candy bar wrapper flap so they wouldn't be seen.


Only the bottom of the skewer is shown.

 

Once all my candy bars were skewered, I stuck them into the styrofoam to make my bouquet.  Easy Peesy!

 

I thought it turned out pretty yummy myself.  One birthday down, a couple more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails