Monday, August 2, 2010

Umbra Wall Flowers

This is what I have been staring at when I wake up in the morning for years now. It's been painted three different colors before becoming this grayish taupe color. I first bought some black frames to go on this wall.



Then, my friend hosted an uppercase living party where I bought this, "living bird in a flower tree" wall sticker to put on this wall.



Still, I was unsure until I looked at the molding in the room and white contrast against the gray wall was perfect so it was my goal to find something white. I searched for some ornate frames that I could paint white, but was unsuccessful.



Then, after some search on the internet, I discovered these white flowers made by umbra. I decided they would be the perfect piece for my wall.



The flowers look like this.



On the back, there is a circle which snaps into a pin you place on the wall.







First, I laid all the flowers on the floor until I was satisfied with the design.



Then I placed the flowers on top of paper



I marked the paper with the location of the flowers.



I taped the paper on the wall.



Then, I used the pin to make an indention into the wall at all the marked locations.



I lifted the paper and pushed the pin all the way into the indented hole I created earlier.



Here is my wall with all the pins.



I next snapped the flowers into the pins.



Voila! I have a wall of flowers.



It makes me so happy to look at them.



The perfect piece for my blank wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails