My kids love home made pizza. When I don't have time to make home made crust, I resort to using french bread which is always a home favorite. Since Halloween is coming up next month, I thought I would mummify their pizza for some fun.
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- Line 2 cookie sheets with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Cut the sliced cheese into tapered strips.
- Slice off the rounded ends of the bread. Cut the bread in half lengthwise. Cut each half crosswise into 4 pieces. Place the bread, cut side up, on the prepared cookie sheets. Toast the bread slices slightly (1-2 minutes).
- Spread some of the pizza sauce on top of the toasted bread to cover. Arrange the cheese slices, overlapping slightly, on top of the sauce to look like bandages. Add 2 olives for the eyes. Place another slice of cheese over the olives to cover slightly.
- Working with one pan at a time, broil the pizzas until the cheese is slightly melted, 1-2 minutes longer. Makes 8 pizzas.