Wednesday, July 4, 2012

DIY Artwork

I wanted to add a piece of art above my desk so I went looking for something that had a punch of yellow since that was my accent color for the room.  Shopping for the last couple of weeks was a bust so I decided that I would try to make my own artwork.


One night, A. started to sing "you are my sunshine" to me and I thought the words to that song were perfect.  I thought, every time I see the words to that song, it will remind of me of the song I sing to my kids.  I typed out the lyrics, playing with the font using Fireworks and came up with some samples.


Since my screen color is always vastly different than the printed product, I decided to have it printed in various shades.  I narrowed down the selection to these.


The four got narrowed down to two.  I didn't know if I wanted a huge pop of color or just a subtle one.


I thought the dark grey on top of the grey walls looked better.  Enlarged, it will give me the subtle pops of yellow that I want without being over powering.


Once I made my decision, I made it into a 16x20 print. 


Total cost was only $5.99, the price of the enlargement.  I love how it turned out.  What do you think?


It makes me giddy every time I look at it, knowing my kids love that song as much as I do.  All I need to find is a silver or white frame for the print and then it will be complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails