Monday, September 10, 2012

Banana Bread

One of my favorite breads to bake is banana bread.  My kids devour it.  I love it right out of the oven.  I know you are supposed to wait until the loaf is cooled before cutting into it, but I simply can't resist the crispy crust and warm moist center so I generally dive right in only minutes after I take it out of the oven.


Banana Bread

1/4 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup unsalted butter, 1/4 inch pieces at room temperature
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup mashed bananas
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 1/3 cup unbleached, all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

This is my bread maker recipe.  However, if you do not have a bread maker, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Mix all the ingredients above until well combined.  Spray your bread pan with a non-stick pan or line with parchment paper.  Bake in the oven for approximately 1 hour.  Check to make sure toothpick inserted is dry.  Cool on rack completely for best slicing results.


Just as much as I love eating it, I love to give it as well.  I lined the bread pan with parchment paper and covered with a cellophane bag.



I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails