Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Super Mario Birthday - Design Phase



My creative juices are flowing and a birthday party that I said I wasn't going to go over board is slowing becoming that way should I end up doing everything that I am thinking about. Since I will be more than likely out of town the entire week before E.'s birthday because of work, I really want to get a head start now. As with any idea, you have the design phase. Here is this week's to-do list. It's all about designing this week and implementing next week.

Need to design:

  • Invitations
  • Question Block Coin favor boxes
  • Birthday Banner
  • Table Centerpiece
  • Mario Bingo Cards
  • Pin the Mustache on Mario Game
  • Yoshi Egg Hunt Sign
  • Princess Peach Crowns for the Girls
  • Mario and Luigi Cap patterns for the Boys
  • Scratch off Winner Tickets

I work on the computer all day long so it isn't that motivating to sit in front of the computer when I get home, but I really love designing and making an idea become reality. I can't wait to implement these ideas. I did make the prototype coin favor box and princess peach crown and E. approved so I am ecstatic. According to him, I am "Super!" and that is just after seeing my paper coin box I designed.



I designed it to look like this. I don't have a picture as E. ran off with my prototype, but I will take some pictures later on as I will be cutting, folding, and pasting several dozen of these. Be on the look out for pictures and how-to's.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the design of these boxes, you seem to be exploding with talent and ideas! The thing is I'm getting married in 2012 and we are having a classic, beautiful wedding with a splash of personal things we love, like quotes from movies, pac man confetti and favor boxes like THIS one. Is there a chance you could show me how to make these or help me out?

    If you can please email me at cilitra@cilitra.com

    Thanks heaps and keep up the great work! :D

    (hope you get this)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails