Monday, March 8, 2010

Building a Bed

Work has been incredibly stressful lately. I am not the type of person that relaxes by sitting still. Doing nothing drives me crazy. I just can't sit and do absolutely nothing. I grew up with the mentality that there is always something you can be doing. There are two ways for me to relax and de-stress. The first is finding a great bargain and the second is to make something, anything.

My son A will soon be out of his toddler bed, but his room has challenges with windows all along one wall and doors all along the opposite wall. The only kind of bed that would make sense in the space is a daybed. I like Pottery Barn's Thomas collection. I have many Thomas pieces in my home already so it would fit just nicely.
I love the paneling on the head board and side boards and I love the details on the trundle as well. The only problem is, it is not a daybed so I decided that I would make my own version of this bed (minus the finials), but I would make it into the daybed I need.

I needed to de-stress so what better way then to create what I envision. Here is just a sneak peak.
Here's the head board
and the foot board. Can you see it as a daybed yet? I plan on duplicating the detailing on the the foot board with the side rails. The trundle will have the same paneling as well. I have stained the head board a rich espresso color, but you will have to wait for those pictures. Watch for the how-to posting of this bed. I have to finish it first!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails