Thursday, June 24, 2010

Microwaving Bacon

Our family loves bacon, but I hate cooking it. Even though we don't have it very often, cooking over the cook top and having all the grease splatter out isn't that great. What's worse is all the clean-up afterward.

I've tried cooking it in the oven as well. My hubby didn't like the dryness of the bacon when cooked this way. This past weekend, I decided to try to cook it in the microwave. My friend told me to try it, but I was rather skeptical. I followed the instructions on the package by placing a paper towel underneath to absorb the grease. I also placed the bacon on top of skewers so that it wouldn't sit on the grease as it cooked.



The results were that it turned out perfectly and best of all, the clean up was a cinch. All I had to do was throw away the paper towel! This is definitely going to be the cooking choice for bacon for us from now on.



Add the eggs and I am ready for breakfast. How about you?

1 comment:

  1. I always do my bacon in the microwave too because I can't stand the splattering of the grease (plus it hurts when it pops on your skin!) And even though I lay the bacon on a papertowel on a plate, I never thought about the skewer idea! THANK YOU! I'll try it this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails