Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sprucing the entry for the fall

I have never decorated for the fall, but this year I decided to spruce up our doorway with a little bit of it. I started with this wreath I found at Target.



It was $39.99, but I got it for only $4.98. Score!



I think it looks perfect for our place.



So here is my doorway with the new wreath. It's still a little drab. I wanted to update it a little so I went and bought some black spray paint to spray the urn and the shoe cleaner.



I was so ready to get rid of the "mossy" looking urn.



To match, I figured I might as well spray our little puppy as well. Why not? It probably took longer to clean and tape off the unpainted areas then it did to actually spray these two items.

I added some fall leaves to my little evergreen to make it look a little more fall.




This is what I ended up with. I repurposed a new mat from our backdoor. It is the perfect size to cover up the electrical cord. I've always wanted a black door, but I wasn't quite ready to take the plunge on that one just yet.



For a little spray paint, it looks a lot better. Total price for the door makeover is $10.39 ($4.98 for the wreath, $4.66 for the outdoor spray paint, and 75 cents for the fall leaves). That's not too shabby. Hopefully, it is a little more inviting than what it was before. I can't wait for Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails