This is one of my all time favorite cookies. Instead of exploring something new out of the cook book this week, the kids and I decided to stick with our family favorite. I was surprised that I hadn't already posted this recipe. I found it years ago on food.com. My hubby who normally never makes requests actually requested this cookie. What's your favorite cookie?
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats ( not instant)
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer combine the sugar, brown sugar and butter; mix well to cream together.
- Add in egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add the cinnamon, baking soda, salt and flour and mix well.
- Fold in the oatmeal, dried cranberries and white chocolate chips- making sure that all ingredients are uniformly distributed.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place 3 inches apart onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes, just until the edges are lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer cookies to cooling rack.