Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dresser In progress

Remember this ugly thing?



The temperature has been incredibly hot to work in the garage on any wood projects so the one day the temperature dropped slightly below 100 degrees, I was on a mission. I removed the molding from the top and bottom of the dresser a while back to have a cleaner look, but seem to have misplaced my picture of it.

I then asked my dad to cut off the sides because the sides were curvy like the front.



Nice and straight now.



I originally wanted to turn this old dresser into a tool chest with wheels on the bottom. To do that, I had to screw a 2x4 on the bottom of the front and back in order to attach wheels to it. There was no support underneath the dresser.



While I was waiting for the glue to dry, there was some loose paint so I peeled a little. Fifteen minutes later, I discovered beautiful wood.



The person who originally painted it, didn't do a very good job and the paint peeled off completely with ease. Seeing how, I can't resist the grain of wood, I am undecided whether or not to still make this a tool chest where I would paint it, or turn it back into a dresser with glass knobs and beautiful legs. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails