Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Chalk Board Wall Inspirations

I'm still working on R.'s room, but the walls are nearly finished. I hope to finish with the wall treatment in its entirety this week. I'm working on the last wall currently. I've been inspired by chalkboard walls. We do have marker boards and chalk boards in nearly every living space and even have an easel so the kids can draw on, but I wanted something a little more permanent in R.'s room.

Here are some inspirational pics:



I love the door, although, I don't know if I will ever have the nerve to do that in our home.



I can totally see the kids going wild with this wall.



I really love this space.



Can't wait to show you what I've come up with as far as our chalkboard wall. It's not this grand, but it definitely is what I envisioned. I will post wall pics when I am done. Next project will be to make this bed. I can make the headboard, but the challenge will be to make it into a full bed, including the footboard and slats. I've done it before, but with no dimensions to work off of this time, this project will be just a tad bit more challenging.

I told my hubby about my inspirational bed I wanted to build and he told me he would buy it for me....but what's the fun in that???...and besides they only sell the headboard and that isn't exactly what I envisioned in that space.

2 comments:

  1. I follow your blog and love it!

    You probably already know Ana White has the plans for the Mason headboard but for the slats and footboard, maybe you could use the Farmhouse bed plan and adjust accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I bought the wood to build the bed today so wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails