Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Trimming the window

One of the most intimidating things for me is taking apart something that looks perfectly fine. Okay, so this picture is a little dark, but it depicts a perfectly fine window. So what's the problem? I want to trim out the window. I want the top and bottom moulding to match. Therefore, I have to somehow get rid of the bottom piece of moulding.



I'm not one for destruction. I'm more of a fixer-upper kind of gal, however, give me an idea I want to execute and it shall get done.





Thanks to my little putty knife, I removed that piece. It broke while doing so.



Trimming the window wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.



Add a little paint and everything looks a lot nicer.



Do you notice a piece of panel missing? It's the last piece I need to cut out, but it's late and I really don't want to wake the neighbors so that will have to wait till another day. Will have to get a little jiggy with the jigsaw to get that cut to happen. So, not looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails