Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Peppermint Marshmallows

Yesterday was my all day baking day and since I still craved peppermint, I decided I would be making peppermint marshmallows again.  They are so yummy.

 

The marshmallow recipe can be found here.  This year, I decided that I would not make enormous marshmallows so instead of using 1 10x10 pan, I followed the recipe and split it into 2 10x10 recipes.


Also, instead of using gel food coloring, I used the liquid.  If you like the deep red swirls, stick with gel food coloring.  It works a lot better. Using the liquid red food color just made everything pink on top.  I think the next time I make these, I'll leave them white.

 

My Christmas goodie box before I filled every nook and cranny with Christmas candy.


Its been a crazy day putting everything together.  This year my goodie box consisted of banana bread, peppermint cookies, mint chocolate cookies, peanut brittle, and peppermint marshmallows.  I filled the empty spaces with candy canes, candy cane and mint chocolate hershey kisses.  Can you see my theme this year? 


Gotta get back to baking. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails