Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A work in progress

Do you remember when I told you that my kids requested to all be in the same room? That's three boys and three beds in one room. I decided not think about it and just dive right in. Let's start here.



Welcome to our play room. I love the fact that I can just close the doors when I don't want to see their mess. This is the room they sword fight, tumble, jump off the couch, slide down their fort, pretend to cook, shop, and mow.



One of the biggest incentives to this room make over is getting rid of the couch. It's the last piece of furniture my hubby brought into our marriage. It's so ugly, but he claims it to be the most comfortable thing ever.



so we started with this:



And ended up with this (temporarily).



I didn't move their beds into their room the first night because we wanted to make sure the boys really wanted to share a room. I just moved the mattresses and the next morning, it was confirmed, the excitement was still there so unbuilding and rebuilding we went. Even though, I did not like their beds, I decided I would go ahead and move them into the room temporarily until I figure out what it is that I really want. I do not like the sleighbed footboard in this room. I like the airiness of the middle bed with no foot board.



I haven't decided whether or not to keep the head boards, but the food boards will definitely go. I don't want a foot board that is higher than the mattress. It makes the space seem smaller.



The bedding will also definitely go.



The T.V. will go definitely...one day when I am able to lift the thing down stairs. It took 5 tough men lifting it to bring it into the room so for now it stays hidden in the corner.

That's my room update. My entire house is in shambles as I try to relocate what was originally in their playroom. There is still a long way to go. I need new bedding, more storage and new light fixtures (perhaps something less traditional and more modern). I look forward to finding funky night stands and a maybe build them a head board. I would like them to create art for the walls. The scariest thing is cleaning out the closet. It is stuffed packed with board games and toys galore. Fitting everyone's clothes into the closet isn't a big deal, but finding a place for everything that is currently in it is. That is a post for another day.

My muscles are sore from all the moving so I'm excited about the next step...shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails