Friday, February 18, 2011

Creative solutions

I love happy mistakes. I accidentally didn't buy a piece of board on the back wall. Instead of rushing out to buy one, I decided to use my left over scraps. I had 9 extra pieces to work with. I decided to place one on top of another. However, there was a three inch gap in between.



Therefore, I decided to place two pieces of moulding in between. The 2.5 inch spare I used for the window trim and a 1" scrap that I turned side ways to get the other 1/2 inch. This filled my three inch gap perfectly.



I think it adds a little more character to the wall.



As I stared at that wall, I decided to do something a little different with the top half. I painted the bottom half, but you'll have to wait to see if what I envisioned makes it to the wall. If it doesn't turn out great, I'll just paint it white. Of course, I have to make my life a little more difficult with yet another idea!

I'm am so ready for this project to be over. I'm sure you are tired of reading it by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails