Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow + Sleet = Snow Day!

All the schools were cancelled so I stayed home to take care of the kiddos. It is definitely not like me to stay home from work because of weather. I have never missed a day of work because of snow or sleet, but here I am, missing my first day in 9 years.

You know what that means? Project! I bought the battans (for the board and batten project) after work yesterday and was planning on painting them after I placed them on the wall, but after reading several blogs saying it was a big mistake to not at least prime them beforehand, I decided to go ahead and paint them.

I started priming before the kiddos even woke up this morning (I'm an early bird where 6:00 is sleeping in for me).



It took about two coats of paint to get full coverage.



After painting what seemed like a million sticks, I was happy with the results. No dripping off the walls, no having to stand and squat, and no having to get paint into every single crevice. Painting beforehand was definitely a great idea.

I was hoping to pick up the boards for the walls today, but seeing how there is a nice layer of sleet and the wind chill making it feel like 3 degrees outside, I may just have to hold that thought for a warmer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails