Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Mouse Candy Canes



In middle school, I made these mouse candy cane treats as a fundraiser for the Spanish club. It seems like eons ago (maybe because it was). As I was thumbing through my latest purchase, Martha Stewart's Handmade Holiday Crafts book, I came across the exact same idea. It brought back such memories that I decided to make these for my kids classroom friends. I don't know what was crazier, cutting out 50 of these, or cutting them out the night before (and finishing it the morning of their party - which was also the morning I had to make R.'s birthday cake!). I know, I am crazy like that (hence the lack of sleep this past week). My husband thinks I am nuts for spending so much time on things like this, but I just can't help it.

All you need is felt (color of your choice), glue and candy canes.



Cut out a template. I drew it on paper and then started cutting away.



Glue the ear lobe (green piece) onto the ears (long bone shape piece).



Make a slit on the body and slide the ears into the slit.



Next cut some eyes with the felt and slide the candy cane through the ears (on the back) and voila, you have a cute mouse. Ah...such memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails