Thursday, January 5, 2012

Jello Popcorn

Jello what? Is that what you are thinking? That's what I was thinking when I ran across the recipe. I thought I had to try it since I could get red popcorn out of it (I'm still trying to get a good recipe for rainbow popcorn).



It looks pretty and get this, using strawberry jello gets you popcorn that taste like crunch berries (I mean it is crazy the resemblance of the flavor). My kids loved the popcorn so I'll make it again, but maybe try another flavor to see what it ends up tasting like.

Jello Popcorn

8 cups
popped popcorn (2 packages of microwave popcorn)
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
3 tbsp light corn syrup
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 pkg. (3oz) strawberry flavor gelatin (or any flavor your heart desires

Directions

Preheat oven to 300°F. Line 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil or wax paper. Pop the popcorn and set aside.
Place butter and syrup in small saucepan and cook on low heat until butter is melted.


Add sugar and gelatin; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.



Bring to boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.



Pour immediately over popcorn mixture; toss to coat well. Spread into prepared pan, using 2 forks to spread evenly.



Bake 10 minutes. Cool. Remove from pan. Break into small pieces. You can make another batch using lime jello and have red and green popcorn for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails