Wednesday, February 24, 2010

New Home for Daisy

We went to a pediatric allergist this past Friday and discovered that R's asthma attack came from our new dog. Looking back at his first asthma attack, we realized he was also exposed to a dog a few days prior to that asthma attack as well, confirming the doctor's diagnosis.
We adopted Daisy exactly one month ago today, but because of R's breathing difficulties, we decided we needed to find her a new home. The kids all wanted to keep her, but after much convincing, they decided that R's health was more important. Instead, I agreed to get them a hairless pet, like fish. They seemed to be happy about that.

I posted an ad in craigslist and within minutes I had half a dozen people agree to take her. I came home early yesterday so that my kids could spend the last few hours with Daisy. I explained to my kids that Daisy may have a new home today so they prepared themselves for that. While meeting with her potential family, I started to get teary eyed. The first family that stopped by decided they would make her their own. They had 2 kids which Daisy will love and their own dog had just past away. I feel as though she is in good hands. Although, the instant she left the door, there was something that just wasn't the same. Not hearing her tags make the clinky sounds as she pranced around the house, made the house abnormally quiet.

I woke up at 4 as I do every morning ready to let her outside, but obviously she wasn't there. I never considered myself a dog person, but Daisy made me into one. I am glad the only dog we have had was such a sweet one and she will be dearly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails