Monday, March 21, 2011

House Revamped

When I saw my house for the first time, I fell in love with the wrap around porch and the cedar columns and railing. My previous home was all brick so it was nearly maintenance free as far as exterior upkeep. This house, however, needed a face lift. After nearly four years, everything needed to be re-stained. I had ordered stain a few months back, but the weather had not been so cooperative until this weekend.



Up on the rooftop I went to paint my shutters. I am grateful I had a nice roof landing to stand on. Getting on and off the ladder to paint the columns were exhausting enough. In the end, it was worth the effort.



What a difference a gallon of stain can do. I'd like to re-stain the front door eventually with a darker stain, but I am unsure whether or not to replace it entirely with something a little more rustic. For now, I'm satisfied with the face-lift my home received with a little stain. Up next, will be the fence. I'm sooo not looking forward to that. The front fence where I hand stained looks perfect, but our back fence where it was sprayed on definitely needs a new coat. Therefore, I plan on hand staining our entire fence, but that is certainly not a quick chore. At least I will be burning some extra calories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails