Monday, March 28, 2011

New Bed {Show and Tell}

I'm finally done with R.'s new bed and I am in awe. I love how it turned out.



I started with my inspirational bed from PB. That lead to making a look a like head board.



After drawing several different plans for the platform, I came up with this very simple bed frame.



A coat of a colored match stain and some polyurethane later and this is the final product. I am relieved that the bed is finished and now comes the fun part...the decorating. I am unsure if I am keeping the rug or the curtains. I am going to keep the green quilt. That was one of the requests that I got from R. I may spray paint the lamp a more vibrant color or get rid of it all together. I'd also like to bring in a night stand that I have which will need a little revamping before entering the house. There is still a lot to do, but I'm happy that the room is slowly coming together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails