Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mandatory Scrapbooking

When I have time, I do enjoy scrap booking. Despite the fact that half of my craft room is devoted to embellishments and scrap booking paper and tools, it is hard to find the time to update my boys' scrapbooks.



Fortunately, each year, my kids' pre-school requests parents to make a scrapbook page for each child. I'm down to only 2 kids in pre-school now. One year, I had to make a page for each kid all in one weekend which was crazy because I didn't have any pictures ready and sifting through hundreds of images took time.



This year was a little different. I was prepared! Every time I uploaded images to my computer from my camera, I made an additional copy of my favorite images into a favorites folder. So, when I needed images this year for each child, I went straight to that folder and voila, the best pictures where already sorted for me.

With online photo-printing, I didn't even have to leave my home to order prints. That made this years school mandatory scrap booking a lot easier. As much as I dislike having to make the pages in such a short amount of time, I realize that forcing me to make a scrapbook page each year, forces me to be somewhat up-to-date and allows not only me, but my kiddos to stroll down memory lane with a flip of a page...and that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails