Friday, April 16, 2010

Super Mario Birthday Party

E.'s 6th birthday party is next month and we are going to have a Super Mario themed birthday party since that is what is into right now. Although, Super Mario is a popular Nintendo character, items for purchase aren't so readily available. Almost everything that I have bought for him in the past has been through ebay from China. I may have to do the same for the party.

I plan on baking a cake, cupcakes or both. Here are my inspirations.



The cake is phenomenal and I want to try to duplicate it. The problem is I have never worked with fondant before, nor have I done anything as elaborate as this. I am going to try though. I started designing the invitations and making some of the party favors this week. You'll have to stay tuned to see what I come up with. I am undecided. I know I don't really want to spend the money for useless toys and nick nacks as party favors that parents dread coming home with. I never know what to do with all that junk and it usually ends up in the trash.I either plan on sewing some Mario caps and Princess Peach crowns or embroidering some towels for party favors since it will be a swimming party as well. I am so excited and ideas just keep coming to me. Hopefully I don't go overboard as I tend to do. It's hard not to go overboard when you have a wonderful son that never wants or asks for anything. What do you get a kid that doesn't ever want anything? That's the dilemma I have every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails